So, hi again. I actually started this post over a week ago because the post-road-trip-blues were hitting and hitting hard, and I thought a blog post would make me feel better. I clearly never got around to finishing it but today I figured it was about time I updated this little blog o’ mine (and apologies for neglecting all those weekly posts, if you noticed ((and if you did, thank you!))). In typical fashion, a lot has happened these past few weeks and at the same time, nothing of real significance has happened. But it’s always good to recap + reflect and pick out the best of the best that has graced my life over nearly a month’s time. Enough rambling (never). Here goes.
- In June I started planning a surprise goodbye party for two of my childhood friends who are leaving for college over the next week or so. And yesterday, we pulled it off. It’s been a long process: a lot of journal writing, bunting making, event planning. But it was so, so good. And as with any surprise, the last few days were filled to the tippity top with stress and small things going wrong and the surprise almost not being a surprise–but in the end, it went off flawlessly. I couldn’t have had it go any better and it turned out to be the best night. I’m so grateful to have the group of friends that I do and they make me feel so darn blessed, all the darn time.
- Last week I went dorm shopping with my future roommate (who also doubles as my study buddy and triples as one of my best friends) and all I can remember is that when we finally made it back to her house, I passed out on her bed. The best kind of shopping makes you dead. tired. That day was complete with two trips to Ikea because I happened to forget my gift card and had to go with another friend later that evening. We never do things smartly, over here.
- (a continuation of the last bullet point) I’m actually so excited for college life though, and please just wish me a lot of luck because I’m going to need it. And if the post-road-trip-blues were making me so blue (like, navy), imagine what will happen when I come down with a horrible cold and want to be home so so bad.
- Some notes about the conference down in Sonoma: Those five days were life-changing in that all of a sudden, my perspective is different. And it’s good. As someone who shies away from change more often than not, this change is warming up to me quite well. Also, this is semi self-absorbed but two separate people complimented me on 1. my smile, and 2. my singing. Thank you ladies! Leave it to nice people to make my day and leave it to my blogging self to blog about it because, honestly, nice compliments go such a long way.
- I started the Couch to 5k program after I got back and surprisingly, it’s been nice. I’m still not a runner, but I’m hoping to be. I’ll keep you posted because I always do.
And that’s pretty much all I can come up with for the time being. Kudos to you for getting through all of it! Back on Thursday with regular posting. :’)
Oh, and how crazy is it that it’s August?! Best of luck to all of you who are starting school this month. I can’t promise that it’ll be a walk in the park, but it’ll be fun.
images: tumblr; featured image: tumblr